I could not print to SMB printer from my OS X for quite a long time. It used to terminate printing with the errors:
Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds
Connection failed with error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
It was too frustrating .. and no pointers on the net helped. So, I started poking around, found /etc/cups/printers.conf file. The URI was
quite wrong for the SMB printer, and that was the reason it did not print. So, I created printers.conf with the following:
JobSheets none none
Now, I restarted cupsd it, yahoo !! … it started working fine ..
Panther Rocks !!
(I could never do such a thing in Windows)