OS X does not provide necessary plugins for iSync to sync with Sony Ericsson W830i. I have created a custom plugin to do the necessary (tested with the newly bought W830i).
You can download the plugin here: http://www.megalinux.net/SonyEricsson-W830.phoneplugin.zip
Drop the plugin into /Applications/iSync.app/Contents/Plugins/ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice/Contents/Plugins/
How-to on installing Coldfusion on OS X Leopard, with Apache:
Since the release of the latest Mac OS version 10.4 (Tiger), Tamil Unicode support is available at the operating system level for Apple computers. The system software comes with a Tamil Unicode font called InaiMathi, which can display all Tamil characters. The OS provides two keyboard layout options: Murasu Anjal (somewhat phonetically based) and Tamilnet99.
Tamil Unicode webpages should display correctly by default. To enable Tamil Unicode keyboard support on Mac OS 10.4, do the following:
- Open “System Preferences…” (available under the Apple sign)
- Select “International” (under Personal)
- Select “Edit List…” (under Language)
- Click “Show” (next to Tamil)
- Click “OK”
- Select “Input Menu” (under International)
- Click “ON” next to Murasu Anjal Tamil
- Confirm that Anjal and Tamil99 are selected (under Murasu Anjal Tamil)
- Close the window (press red button)
- To input in Tamil, click on the national flag menu (likely US flag) on the vertical bar at the top of the screen and select one of the keyboards. The font will by default be InaiMathi.
I wanted to set audion as the default mp3 player for playing my MP3, but then there was no option in iTunes or Audion to set it up.
The easiest way to setup default application handler for an extension/file-type would be to use RCDefaultApp. You can set other default apps too with this tool.
HP 1320N is a Jetdirect printer with automatic double-sided printing facility. To use the features of 1320N, download the ppd file from linuxprinting.org.
Using printtool on linux or System Preferences –> Print & Fax , open the cupsd control panel
- Add Printer
- Under Printer model, choose Other, and select the ppd file you have download. This would add the required details for the 1320N printer.
From applications like Word, you can now choose the properties available under “Printer Setup/Configure” to print in dual mode etc.